Thursday 27 May 2010

Mexico City

So, 23 hours after leaving home I finally arrived at the lovely Hotel Century. I was so tired I felt physically sick and the room was swaying - like being v. drunk, except I really wasnt. Anyone ever experienced this?
Feel fine now.

This morning I went out and was promptly picked up by Luis, a sweet, but eventually very annoying man who wanted to take me to my destination (buying a bus ticket). So we walked for 45 mins to what was only a few streets away as he just wouldnt let me look at my map. Finally I got rid of him by telling him I couldnt go for lunch as was meeting my husband. I never thought I'd have to do that.

Any tips on how to get rid of nice but annoying Mexicans rather more promptly - please post!

Went to the museo de antropologia which was well worth the visit. And then had a michelada and a quesadilla in the mercado Merced- apparantly the largest market in Latin America. I shall confirm that. Trying to upload the pic. Mainly for Charlotte's benefit, but it's supposed to be like a shandy, but with fresh lemon juice....but this was red...and had chile salt around the edge.

Off to Veracruz tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment