Thursday 22 July 2010

Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras

I seem to have managed to do pretty much nothing for about a week hence the lack of posts. It took a whole day and some sea sickness to get from Copan Ruinas to Utila. I met a (very sweet, kind but complete princess) American girl on the boat so we went to Trudy's hotel together and had air-con which was nice. It was very interesting spending time with someone SO different from me!

On Monday I started a PADI course and moved to Mango Inn which has a pool. I have an irrational fear of the water, which is weird for me, but I managed to dive today which was quite an accomplishment!

More seasickness ensued and I gave up on the second dive. The idea of vomiting into my regulator didn't appeal!

The people on my course are really nice. There is a very nice bunch of English 20-something students. I don't remember boys being that nice when I was at Uni. But I have a horrible feeling that they're being "respectful" towards me as I'm so old.... God I hope not! Anyway they're medics so maybe that explains it. But either way they make me proud to be British. Not quite like it was in Cancun.

Right, off to some dive school bbq and all you can drink party. I don't think it'll help the sea sick potential tomorrow.

I'm not sure how interesting my posts are, or if anyone really reads them, but if so, please post stuff here! Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I know lots of people have been following the blog, so carry on posting! We're all living vicariously through you!!!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete