Monday 2 August 2010

Motorbike ride




So the day before yesterday I met two guys in my hostel who are from California, Gabriel and Jason. They're both doing the same journey as me (plus USA bit) but by motorbike. Jason is heading north and Gabriel south.


So yesterday Jason took me out on his bike to go to Poneloya/ Las Penitas beaches. I absolutely loved it. It was everything I love about road biking but so much faster, bigger and more powerful. It was so much fun and I can totally see the appeal of doing the trip on a motorbike. Maybe next time!




When we got to Barca del Oro we rented a two man kayak. There were no near death experiences either so one up on Halong Bay. We kayaked down a mangrove river and stopped at the beach - in the photo - but we couldn't get in the water as it was too rough. Got back and had an early night for the impending hike up Telica Volcano - I realise the blog entries are in the wrong order.




So I LOVED the motorbike. If I weren't so tired I'd be jumping around about how much I've had a fab time since being in Leon.


Let's hope the rest of Nica is this good. Off to Granada tomorrow but really worried about being mugged in Managua on the way. I don't think I have a choice about going through it. It's not unfounded....a woman I met in Honduras emailed me to say that she had everything taken off her and was dumped in a rubbish dump - where she had to ask for a ride in a dumster to the police station. I must find out the details! She is ok now.

1 comment: