Monday 2 August 2010

Telica Volcano - 8 hr hike. 25k and 1.2k up!




Needless to say I'm writing this absolutely exhausted. Far more hardcore than my olympic tri! We sat and had lunch right at the edge of the crater. It's a pretty active volcano. It took us 8 hours. I think people usually camp overnight. I'm glad we didn't as a Nica storm has started now! I know it's a hideous pic of me, but I thought that me sitting by it gives more of an idea of the size. The diameter of the crater is 900m.


It is beautiful and definitely the most impressive views i've seen on this trip.


Does this second picture give a proper idea of how far we climbed? I hope so. I have my feet up now and don't think they'll move for a few hours!


The guide also was lovely. Had a real sense of humour too. Have I mentioned that I LOVE NICARAGUA!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment