Saturday 28 August 2010

Moving South. First stop Cartagena




















































So, I met a nice couple from NYC in Panama and we were on the same flight to Cartagena which was great as I really didn't feel safe in that city so we got a cab together to my hotel first, where Nirmal was waiting for me. Nice welcome, with a few beers then to bed as it was pretty late. Next day wondered around the city. It's very pretty but full of prostitutes and cocaine.

We went to Islas de Rosario which I am sure would be nice if the hawkers left you in peace to enjoy the playa blanca. The only way we got them to leave us alone was by getting a massage on the beach. Not too bad a way to spend the time. But the boat journey over there was awful. Basically 8 hrs on a boat for 1 1/2 hrs on an ok beach. I'd chose Bocas del Toro anytime.

Following day I spent pretty much in bed or the bathroom. The guy opposite us ended up in hospital due to so many bathroom trips so I'm counting myself lucky. I was happy to leave Cartagena and come to Taganga. Tomorrow we're starting the trek to La Ciudad Perdida. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment