Monday 15 November 2010

Cusco and the Sacred Valley




I flew into Cusco on 11 November. An early start in Santa Cruz thanks to a kind German girls mobile phone as all my options for an alarm clock seemed to fail on me saw me with a horrible cold and sore throat. The stopover in La Paz was pretty terrible. It was freezing outside and the airport seemed to be outside. By the time I arrived in Cusco I just wanted to sleep. Jessica arrived a few hours after me and was just as ill so we spent the first couple of days in bed. It's a beautiful city albeit very touristy, and full of a lot of unsavoury tourists too. Thankfully Heather and Erik (from Panama, Colombia) arrived and the four of us did the Salkantay trek together. Cusco has the worst collection of museums known to mankind, but also the best set of ruins....all entered on the same ticket. I guess, otherwise, who on earth would even step foot in the museums. Here are some pics from around the "Sacred Valley" - basically where all the Inca ruins are.

No comments:

Post a Comment