Monday 8 November 2010

Pantanal - Brazil






















From Bonito I went to a place called buraco das piranhas - almost as bad as el triangulo - but this time I was alone. Thankfully Santa Clara did come and pick me up after not too long. It was very nice to be constantly told how good my portuguese was too. The Pantanal was amazing. Stifling hot but cooled at least a little at night. The first day we went on a Safari and saw a Jaguar (no picture as it was just too quick). The second day horse riding (I hated it as much as I did in Wales and got off after about 500m - at least I tried....) and piranha fishing in the afternoon - I caught some this time. Also saw some Giant River Otters playing just outside our campsite in the river one morning. That was pretty special. Tucans and macaws were amazing colorful too. You can see in the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment