Tuesday 2 November 2010

RIO - take one













Pics are: Bryce, Rich and I having cachacha shots before Lapa, the Flamengo supporters at the footie, and views from the hill up to Cristo - obviously it was a bit cloudy that day!


Rich and I arrived in Rio on a Saturday morning having had a little sleep on the nightbus from Vitoria. We checked into the funnily named Stone of a Beach - the name being the only good thing about it. It was, as is the rest of Rio, expensive. It was also dirty and had moronic staff. Bryce (American from my language course) met us there later that afternoon. We had a walk down Copacabana beach up to Ipanema to meet up with Nicola and Dan again. It almost felt like home. We left them, had a good afternoons sleep and went to hit LAPA.
Rio has an amazing party scene and I honestly felt I couldn't keep up! Sunday I was a shell of my normal self, but did manage to attend a RIO derby. It was quite weird explaining the offside rules to a bunch of guys - admittedly Canadian and American - but STILL. I mean, I know the rules of American Football.....

Monday I met up with Claudia (friend from London who is from Rio and was there on a work trip) which was really nice and Sam (kiwi) came out with us too - another late and drunken night.

Tuesday Bryce and I headed to Ilha Grande - a lovely big island (who would have thought - the Brazilians are very literal after all) south of Rio to meet up with Katelyn (Aussie chick from the boat, Salvador etc). I really was beginning to feel like I lived in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment