Monday 21 February 2011

Buenos Aires



This is the finca












Suzy and I took the long night bus from Mendoza to Buenos Aires and I went to stay with Annette (Irish), Marcelo (Argentinian) and Liam (Spanish, Irish and Argentinian, 5 years old). They're friends from Madrid and it has truely been lovely staying with them. I did not want to leave. They are the most relaxed hospitable people I know and Liam is the most delightful little boy I've ever met.
The day we arrived I went with them to have asado at their finca in the Buenos Aires countryside and we just lazed by the pool and ate steak. I've seen all the typical Buenos Aires sights, caught up with more friends from Madrid, made new friends, went to peoples asados, went to cinema, manicure, wax, ate cake, drank coffee, sure there was more wine involved somewhere. Went to Recoleta cemetary (where Eva Peron is buried, but it was too hot to find her!) - Liam asked firstly what a cemetary was and then why I wanted to go and see dead people I didn't know. Good point. I was there only 15 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. IT's really hard to format. Obviously the Pink House is the Casa rosada and the other one is the finca!

    ReplyDelete