Friday 25 February 2011

Journey to Ushuaia + Ushuaia town


Wish I could edit this properly. The boat that says PILOT is the view from boat crossing not sure if it was in Chile or Argentina to be honest.




I was glad we could get off that bus when crossing - although I'm sure if we'd sunk we would have died from the cold anyway. It wasn't so far to swim otherwise!

I left the hostel in Puerto Madryn at just before 1pm on Wednesday and arrived in my hostel in Ushuaia at 10pm on Thursday. It actually wasn't as bad as many of the hideous bus rides I took in Bolivia and it went a hell of a lot further. 1800km. About 1200miles. Good roads. The only pain
were
the border crossings. Arriving in Chile I had to throw away some food as you're not allowed to take it in. In fact this is so boring I can't believe I'm even blogging it.
One interesting thing was a large statue which proudly proclaimed "Las Islas Malvinas son Argentinas" I looked down sheepishly and kept stchum for the rest of the journey.
Anyway I'm here and I LOVE Ushuaia. I love the mountains and I love the sea and they are everywhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment