Monday 21 February 2011

Cordoba and Mendoza
















Ok, so my Argentina blog is a little delayed and out of chronological order. After Salta, Gideon Jessica and I travelled to Cafayate (on previous post) and then onto Cordoba. On the way we drove through clouds. It must have been quite unusual as the bus driver stopped for us to take photos.

Cordoba is quite a nice modern city and we went to a nice museum and just hung out. A memorable moment has to be when Jessica and I had a beer and she was shat on by a pidgeon and then was so disgusted by it she vomited all over my feet. We were both laughing at the ridiculousness of it. We then finished our beers and went and got a hot dog. It was revolting but one of the funniest memories I shall hold with me for life!

Mendoza is the city with the most trees per capita in either Argentina or the whole of South America. It is a beautiful shady place, but as a consequence of the greenery with equal possibility of bird shit!
It's the main wine region so we spent a lot of time drinking wine in the bodegas. Suzy joined me there and we drank more wine, went to more bodegas, went for a couple of runs and drank more wine, ate more steak and drank more wine. What else would you do in Mendoza?

No comments:

Post a Comment