Sunday 27 February 2011

Tierra del Fuego National Park, Ushuaia
















I finally made it into this absolutely stunning National Park which I had viewed yesterday from the fearful heights of Monte Susana. It wouldn't have been scary except for the fact that for some reason I had become all too happy with my advances in equestrian acquaintance and rode up the cliff side on Emperador. So terrifying was the experience I do not have any photos and I definitely screamed at one point. However the view was probably the most beautiful I've ever seen. Suzy managed to be less scared - in fact - she enjoyed it - and took photos so I'll post some of hers soon. In the meantime here is a close up of what I could see from up there.

We did about a 10 mile walk around the park today. At one point we even saw and heard a woodpecker. If I'm honest I only knew what it was because of the sound. It was beautiful and as soon as I saw it I was in awe. It was a beautiful walk and I've had a lovely day. Here are some photos from inside the National Park at the end of the world, including the most southernly post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment