Friday 25 February 2011

Trelew + Gaiman







On Tuesday I took the bus to Trelew and went to an interesting Palentology museum there. I then boarded a bus to Gaiman, a Welsh colony but forgot to get off as I was so engrossed in my book. It's not so much as forgot as wasn't told we were about to turn around as we were at the end of the line. It was pouring with rain in true Welsh style and I couldn't see out of the bus anyway. So back at Trelew I decided to go back again. It gave me enough time to go to the "oldest Welsh teahouse in Argentina". A claim to fame if ever I heard one and wander in the wrong direction over a creepy bridge before I decided it was best to get out of the Weird rather than wonderful Welshness and back to Trelew to meet a new friend from Slovakia for a beer. And enjoyable if wet day spent mainly on buses when my plan had been mainly to avoid them as the following day was my 30 hour bus journey. You win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment