Wednesday 16 June 2010

Coba and it's ruins


Some Spaniard that were the equivalent of burnt fat burger eating brits you'd expect to find in Cancun. I actually stated at the ticket office I wasn't with them I was so embarrassed by their appalling language and behaviour. I can only hope that the Mayans didn't understand their swearing. Revolting people they were! Thankfully I got away from them most of the way around as I went by bike.

yes I climbed this.


Juego de pelota














So I got a bus from Valladolid...Mayeb, not quite the ADO standard. Got shouted at by the
bus driver as my rucksack was taking up a seat. Got there frazzled and hot to a really unfriendly welcome at this tiny Mayan village. I think they were too hot to work. I finally found the above hotel. The whole place felt empty and it was the first time I wondered if I'd made the right decision to go somewhere. Later on I met a family from N. London at dinner in my "hotel" they were really nice and v.



chilled so instantly felt better.




I had a great nights sleep with air-con. Got up early and went to Coba ruins. There's quite a spectacular lake on the way and I really enjoyed climbing up the pyramid with the views over the jungle.


The bus turned up early but the women in my hotel came and got me and sort of managed to get it to wait for me while I packed. Weird experience. I then ended up standing pretty much on the dashboard to Tulum where I could read signed that said "Seatbelts will save your life" I prayed we didn't crash.


No comments:

Post a Comment