Saturday 26 June 2010

More San Cristobal de las Casas


This was the result.




So yesterday I spent a couple of hours learning to stone set ambar in a silver pendant. Rogelio and his son were fantastic. Great teachers 1-2-1 class. Ambar is mined really close to here.




Dan picked up some Mexican guys who we had a drink with in a dive bar afterwar

ds. I bumped into one of them today and I said I loved my ambar pendant to which he said "And I love you". I had just been saying how much I liked San Cristi's lack of sleezy men. Spoke to soon. He was trying to get me to go up to his studio in the mountains, take magic mushrooms and look at 100 different varieties of Orchids. Humm.....


The other night we stopped in a Oaxacan restaurant to get food for a picnic on the hill. I was given some chapulines (locusts). They went down very well with beer. There is nothing I won't try once!


1 comment: