Thursday 24 June 2010

Palenque


You can't exactly see it, so we re-enacted the scene of slave being beheaded that was painted on the wall. All the sun and jungle had clearly gone to my head.


this was where the human sacrifice took place.

Can you tell the difference between this and Chichen Itza? It's nicer imo as it's set in the jungle. I'm not wearing long trousers and top 'cos it was cold - more because I was scared of being eaten alive by mosquitos, snakes and jaguars...






So on Monday night I finally managed to leave Tulum on the 8.50pm bus with Dan, a guy from Atlanta who was also going to Palenque. Well actually he wasn't but I managed to persuade him to come with me as a) he's fun and b) I was scared about travelling in Chiapas overnight by myself. Quite what another tourist could do to make me safer I don't know. The bus journey was fairly uninventful despite threats from the Lonely Planet of Zapatista Rebels hijacking in the area. Note to self - don't joke about this possibility with parents in future.




No comments:

Post a Comment